Friday, June 24, 2011

Yup...That's What They Did All Right...

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/06/24/253721/gop-blew-up-debt-negotiations-to-protect-tax-breaks-for-people-making-500000-or-more/

GOP Blew Up Debt Negotiations To Protect Tax Breaks For People Making $500,000 Or More
By Marie Diamond on Jun 24, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Yesterday House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) and Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ) may well have doomed negotiations to raise the nation’s debt limit when they walked out over a dispute with Democrats about raising revenues. Their theatrics bring the country closer to the brink of financial collapse, and observers have described the move as a “tamper tantrum” and “political grandstanding.” Today, more details emerged about exactly what Republicans are willing to threaten the global economy over to defend.

Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), a member of the bipartisan debt discussion group led by Vice President Joe Biden, said Republicans chose to “protect taxpayer subsidies for big oil companies, tax breaks for corporate jets, and tax breaks for millionaires”:

My, my, my, my, my, my...

Labels: , , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?